Separate your paper waste from your other waste
Keep your waste paper clean and dry
Get to know what is recyclable and what is not
Ensure that all you shred all
before recycling it.
has been operating for 20 years and now
services over 200 000 households in Jhb,
PTA and Ekurhuleni.
COST: This is a FREE SERVICE.
WHEN: Paper is collected every Wednesday (excluding Public Holidays)
HOW: Place your full "Ronnie Bag" on your pavement before 7.30am
The bag will be emptied and returned to you for re-use.
WHAT CAN & CAN'T BE RECYCLED
WITH RONNIE BAGS:
* Any form of paper * Polystyrene cups
* Old memos / letters * Paper cups and plates
* Cardboard boxes (flattened please) * Yoghurt cartons
* Photocopying Paper * Sweet and chip wrappers
* Newspapers * Blueprint paper
* Magazines * Cigarette ends
* Old telephone directors & books * Carbon paper
* Windowless enveloples * Tissues and paper towels
* Post-it Notes
* Waxed cartons, eg. frozen fish cartons
Toll-free: 0800-002-122 JHB TEL: 011-538-8600
The PNRA does not support the trolley recyclers who rummage through our Pikitup bins on a Monday morning.
The reasons for this are twofold:
1. SAPS Parkview has warned us that there is often a criminal element amongst the trolley recyclers, and that house-breaking implements have been found hidden amongst the trash in the trolleys.
2. The trolley recyclers favour the banks of the spruits around our area, to do their recycling. The rubbish that they do not want, gets dumped in and around our waterways - simply compounding the pollution problem.